I love travel, always have. I've traveled to Europe and Japan and even toured a show...I learned a few things along the way. One is that no matter where the trip is, I often pack the exact same set of useful things - My always pack list. Its the same for a trip up to the cabin for a week or a quick business overnight.
1. Jacket. Great for cool weather, cool rooms or spending hours on an airplane. I like fleece for this
2. Tiny comfort kit: advil, eye drops, chapstick, band aids, purell.
3. Paper. Go old school here. Contacts, schedules, speaking notes, handouts, notebook and a book to read.
4. Pen. see above
5. GPS - new addition this year.
6. White board markers. Choose ones that work
7. Tiny flashlight.
8. Phone, charger, important numbers*
9. Ball cap, sunglasses, sunscreen.
10. Watch with alarm function
BIG idea: Some things are always good to have - be the road warrior, bring the right tools.