So, I've talked alot about creating new, fresh to the world ideas. Ways to create them, nurturing ideas, nurturing idea creators and building idea terrific spaces, (more on those later), but when is it it time to quit putting energy into a particular idea?
1. When someone else releases it. Especially if they are months (or years) ahead of you.
2. When you decide it won't actually work.
3. When you run the numbers and discover that while its a good idea, it simply won't actually make any money(*)
4. If a better idea presents itself.
These four should cover many situations. Add yours in the comments
Today's big idea: Sometimes, you should "New Coke" an idea.
* Remembering that making money is just one possible goal. There are many other, worthy reasons for creating, inventing, writing and making...